Saturday 11 October 2008

9th October : Norwich to Twyfold

The day started very early with my first radio interview of the day with BBC Norfolk. I took the presentor for a spin in Tuc Tuc while been interviewed. It was then off to East Anglian Station where Steve Whitby had arranged Press Photos and my 2nd Radio interview. Yet more photo's wit Tuc Tuc biscuits, plus another teddy. They have the most fantastic lottery fund raiser which pays for one helicopter all by its self. It was a long trip to Essex Air Ambulance. Thanks guys great visit. I like the idea of strapping a Europter Jet Engine to the Tuc Tuc. Maybe that would enable me to get over 35 mph?

Had a change of plan at 4pm and went straight into central London and visited The Royal Hospital Whitechapel. Thanks to John the Fire Officer who made this possible. However once again the helicopter was out doing its job. In the photo you can just see the Hellipad on the roof of the hospital. Whilst in London I had a close shave with a bus, which pulled out without noticing me and nearly wiped out the Tuc Tuc. Am I not colourful enough to be seen?


Next stop Stains Round Table to pick up cheque for £500.

The Sat Nav had a fit and took me on every back-road to my night stop. I finally arrived at 10pm at Tim's in Twyfold.

No comments: